The CLDC Configuration handles the following areas:
- Java Language y Virtual Machine characteristics
- Java core libraries
- Input / Output
A Java ME configuration specifies a subset of the characteristics that are supported by the Java language, a subset of functions of the JVM configuration, network, security, installation and several other programming APIs.
CDLC is the base one or several profiles. A profile defines an additional set of APIs and characteristics for a specific device.
If we compare CDLC with Java SE, we will see that there are several restrictions over the CDLC Configuration:
- It does not support floating point operations
- You can’t finalize objects
- There are limitation on the error handling
- It does not implement Java Native Interface (JNI)
- It does not support reflection